Monday, September 19, 2016

Pumpkin Spice Everything!



It's almost here. It's just days away. It's my favorite season. Autumn is coming!

I enjoy autumn. The cooler weather means I can be all snuggly-warm in sweatshirts and sweaters. I love the changing of the leaves and the snap of a bonfire. I like hayrides and Halloween. Halloween is my second favorite holiday. (Christmas is the first.)



It's also the season for pumpkins and pumpkin spice! I adore the Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks. But let's not forget pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin spice cookies . . . YUM! Do you like pumpkin? What are some of your favorite recipes that call for pumpkin?

I like to curl up on the sofa with a warm blanket, turn off the lights, and watch scary movies. I love a good scary movie. (But NOT IT! I'm terrified of clowns.)  Do you have any recommendations for me? And, while I watch the movie all year, it's also the prime time to watch The Rocky Horror Picture Show.



I have a friend who enjoys the season as much as I do. We make grand plans for autumn. Coincidentally, her name is Autumn. She's an author, too. You can check out her website here. We go to some local haunted houses, haunt a few Starbucks, and eat way too much candy. 

We also make the drive to Killen, Alabama for the Arx Mortis experience. It's amazing and totally worth the drive and wait. I highly recommend it if you're in the area.



And, of course, after the Halloween fun is over, we get to look forward to Thanksgiving. I love turkey and all the traditional side dishes--and the yearly tradition of Black Friday shopping with my family. 

Just a few more days. And then I can really celebrate autumn and all the fun things that come with it.

What do you like about autumn?


0 comments:

Post a Comment