Saturday, October 10, 2015

Geek Out



**Originally posted September 14, 2015**

Geek. Dork. Nerd. Fan girl. Obsessed. I've been called all these, and worse. And to be honest, I couldn't tell you exactly what the small differences between them are. (Well, except for obsessed. But that's another blog post.) One of the things on my bucket list is to attend Comic Con.

I'm here to tell you it's okay. It's okay to love something so much that you want to find out everything about it. You're learning. That's a good thing, right?

I was called geek just a bit ago. By my husband. And when I told him I wasn't, he began throwing out the television shows\movies I love the most and it made me think . . . Well, maybe I am. So I threw this quick list together (in no particular order) to share some of what I love.

  Star Trek. All of them, including the new movies. My favorite is Star Trek: Enterprise



  Sherlock. Both the BBC version

  & the Robert Downey JR. movies

  The Marvel Movies. All of them.

  NCIS. All of them, but especially NCIS: New Orleans











Honorable Mentions include: Quantum LeapConstantine (the TV series that was cancelled after 1 season), Downtown AbbeyOrphan BlackDr. Who, and Lord of the Rings. There are more. Many more. But now that I've read back over the list, I have come to the conclusion that maybe I AM a geek. Or a dork. Or a fangirl. Or whatever.

I found the quote below, and it sums up what I'm trying to say perfectly. So, I'll just say this again: It's okay. I'm proud to let my geek flag fly. What makes you geek out?


0 comments:

Post a Comment