Thursday, March 10, 2016

When It Rains



When it rains, it pours. We've all heard that saying. For me, it's proved to be true this week.

I started my Monday at the doctor's office. After having almost constant headaches for a while, I was tired. Tired of feeling bad. So, three hours and three tubes of blood later, I find out I have a pretty severe sinus infection. I get shots, steroid packs, and ten days of hella strong antibiotics.

Ugh.



The medicine makes me feel sick. So, Tuesday was spent lounging on the bed until I had to go to work. Double ugh.

Then, then Monday-est Wednesday ever happened. I was driving home from work at 6:30 in the morning and WHAM!! A T-Rex sized deer 



ran out in front of my car and we collided. Hard. Did some damage to my poor car. . . 



And the damn deer got up and galloped off.  I was pissed. I may have invented some new curse words. 

So I had to call a deputy, a tow truck, and my husband. It was raining, too, which made for a lovely morning. (Heavy sarcasm intended.) After my husband got us back home, it was a race against the clock to get the nerdling dressed and to school on time. The clock won. Then came the delightful phone call with the insurance claims department.

 

Sigh. All that, and I had to be back at work at 6 pm. What did I drive to work, you ask? The Old White Ghost--more commonly known as the 1992 Chevy s10. I'm not complaining about that, not really. It may be old and ugly, but it runs when we need it.

I made it. I'm tired, cranky, and sick, but I made it. I'm a couple of days behind on my writing, but I'll get where I need to be.



Am I whining? Yes, a little. But that's okay. Now that it's out of my system, I'll give my umbrella a shake and go back out to dance in the rain.



1 comment:

  1. The Classic 1992 Chevy S10 (The White Stallion) is a beautiful machine that likes to flex its muscles and make the public smile. You will enjoy lots of time in this dream machine while the broke back terrain is brought back to life. 👍

    ReplyDelete