Thursday, December 21, 2017

Author Spotlight: Marissa Danielle

Marissa and I are both members of Wattpad and the same author group on Slack. She's an amazing person, a talented author, and a future star in the literary world.



Tell us a little bit about you. Where are you from? What kind of books do you write? How many books have you written? Do you set your stories in the area you live in?

I am from Texas. I write a variety of book but they are mainly of the romance genre. I have written about eight books so far. At times I do use the areas around me to use in a book but also make up towns as well.

Most writers I know are voracious readers. What kind of books do you like to read? What’s your favorite book?

I have a large collection of books, ranging from horror, mystery, romance and various mangas. Mainly anything that captures my interests I will add it to my shelves. I’m open to a lot of new stories and books, just as much I am with older ones.  

Let’s play a quick game of “This or That”.
Real books or e-books? Real books.
Coffee or tea? Coffee.
Sweet or savory? Sweet.
Dogs or cats? Both.
Summer or winter? Winter, definitely.
Morning or night? Night.

Would you mind telling us about your writing style? Such as: Do have a routine? Do you need complete silence or blaring music? Early morning writing or late nite writing?

Sure, I don’t really have a routine but I always have plenty of pens within reach when I’m working. There are times where I do like to write in silence but most of the time I do write to music. Mainly, I write at night when my ideas seem to be flowing more and I am more awake.

Do you have a favorite “writing” snack?

I do and it mainly consists of candy, chips and Sprite. So I guess you could say snacks really.

Which do you think is the hardest to write: the first sentence or the last one?

The last one has always been the hardest because it’s when you are truly ending that story or book.

What is your biggest distraction while writing?

Pinterest

What is the best writing advice you’ve ever received?

Write even when you don’t feel like it. Keep writing and by the time you realize it, you would have written a story.

Do you have any advice for new writers?

Your first draft is the worst your story is going to be so don’t dwell on the imperfections, work and mold it to what you have envisioned it to be. It will all come together in the end.

What’s next for you? What do your readers have to look forward to?

I have been working on my series ‘Out of This World’ for science fiction genre and that will be my main focus in the next couple months.

Where can we connect with you? Tell is where to find you online.

Twitter : @hiddenheart_18
Facebook: @AuthorMarissaDanielle
Instagram: @hiddenheartprincess
Ask.fm: @AuthorMarissaDanielle
Wattpad: @hiddenheartprincess



0 comments:

Post a Comment